Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shitty First Drafts Blog #3

          In the article, "Shitty First Drafts" Anne Lamott describes how most people should write shitty first drafts. She talks about how writers don't just sit at their desks and write a novel, and how creativity doesn't just pour out. How they have fears and anxiety about what people would say about it. That you need to just sit down and write anything that comes to mind even if its a little childish. She states that you need to write a "Child's draft" first that no one will see. She talks about how you need to write a bad first draft and then to go back and re write it into a second draft and then a final draft. In doing so you may come up with the greatest line. I like how she states that "even the best writer has a shitty first draft." For me writing is very hard, and the fact that someone reads it makes it only worse. This article made me really think about how to write. How I may get a even better paper out. I see if I would just let things flow and write whatever I want it may make it easier. The thought that its just a writing that no one will ever see makes it easier. To edit and to cut out a lot that just don't make since, and to find a direction out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment