Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Settling blog #7

I read a article called "A Marriage That's Good Enough" it's by Corinne Colbert. In the article she talked about how most seem she is settling with her husband due to him not being her best friend or soul mate. She goes on explaining how there are things that she needs and things that some just wish to be better. She talks about how her husband is a great provider but may not be as excited as her on her accomplishments. All in all she states she is happy and has all that they need. In my 7 year relationship there has been many family and friends that have told me I deserve more and that I am settling. I may not have a very glamorous life or a life full of riches, but we have everything that we need and most things we want. My boyfriend works his ass off for me and our three boys and gives me the opportunity to not work. He has always been my main supporter in any endeavor I have chosen to do. I don't believe I am settling and like Colbert explains that there are things that she wished where different but all in all she is very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment