In the article "Is Google Making Us Stupid?" By Nicholas Carr, he spoke about how we read more now but says we read different. He gives lots of quotes and examples from other peoples information on the internet. He explains how he gets uninterested in a reading after the first few pages, and how we mainly want summaries over our readings. I did have a hard time staying to this reading, I would read a little then get up and do things and then make myself come back to it. I don't think not wanting to read has anything to do with the convenience of the internet. I just honestly think maybe its just that some book and some articles just simply don't interest people. I for one do love the internet and love Google the option to be able to just type any old thing in and find something about it. I think thanks to Google I know a lot of maybe useless facts but its nice to know the answer when you have a question. I guess I just think some people are scarred of new things and always want to try to find something wrong with it. Thanks to Google I was able to figure out what was going on with my son at a very early age.
No comments:
Post a Comment